With last week’s announcement of the Oscar nominations, we’ve got an unusal situation.
All nine films nominated for Best Picture are still showing in local theatres.
Why? Because they were all released in the latter part of the year prompting some of the studios to either extend runs or re-release their possible award winners.
This is your RARE opportunity to experience this year’s major Oscar hopefuls the way they were meant to be seen—on the BIG SCREEN.
Here’s the line up of the nine motion pictures nominated for Best Picture.
* David O’Russell’s brilliant con game AMERICAN HUSTLE with 10 nominations.
* Spike Jonez’ quirky HER with five nominations.
* Martin Scorsese’ celebration of greed in THE WOLF OF WALL STREET also with five nominations.
Newly expanded runs:
* The knockout DALLAS BUYERS CLUB scoring six nominations.
* The heartfelt PHILOMENA with four nominations.
* Crusty NEBRASKA with six Oscar nominations.
* The powerful story 12 YEARS A SLAVE with nine nominations.
* The photo-realistic outer space thriller GRAVITY with 10 nominations.
* The pirate hijacking at sea drama CAPTAIN PHILLIPS with six nominations.
(Note that ‘Captain Phillips’ will come off after tonight’s showings but may continue on a couple of local screens with limited performances. It also became available this week on video.)
All nine contenders are now showing ‘For Your Consideration’ on the big screen throughout Kansas City.
And remember, be courteous. No texting or sexting while enjoying these fine motion pictures in their theatrical setting.
You know, or else maybe…