It all unfolds on Friday, May 2 as the Spider-Man legacy focuses on an untold story that tells a different side of Peter Parker’s beginnings.
Summer at the movies in Kansas City comes in two parts.
The first goes through June – the second, July through Labor Day.
Today I’m focusing on highlights from the first part of K.C.’s big screen summer sizzle:
* May 2—THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 (Andrew Garfield-Emma Stone)
* May 9—NEIGHBORS (Seth Rogen-Zac Efron)
* May 16—GODZILLA (Bryan Cranston-Juliette Binoche)
MILLION DOLLAR ARM (Jon Hamm)
* May 23—X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST (Hugh Jackman-Michael Fassbender)
BLENDED (Adam Sandler-Drew Barrymore)
MALEFICENT (Angelina Jolie)
* June 6—EDGE OF TOMORROW (Tom Cruise-Emily Blunt)
THE FAULT IN OUR STARS (Shailene Woodley)
* June 13—22 JUMP STREET (Jonah Hill-Channing Tatum)
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 (voices of Cate Blanchett-Jonah Hill-Kristen Wigg)
* June 20–Director Clint Eastwood‘s JERSEY BOYS
THINK LIKE A MAN TOO (Kevin Hart-Regina Hall)
* June 27—TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION (Mark Wahlberg-Kelsey Grammer)
But wait—there’s MORE!
In no particular order the highlights from 4th of July through Labor Day:
* DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES (Andy Serkes)
* WISH I WAS HOME (Zack Braff-Kate Hudson
* JUPITER ASCENDING (Channing Tatum-Mila Kunis)
* PLANES: FIRE & RESCUE (Animated)
* HERCULES (Dwayne Johnson)
* SEX TAPE ( Cameron Diaz-Segel)
* GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (Chris Pratt-Bradley Cooper)
* TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
* LET’S BE COPS (Damon Wayans)
* LUCY (Scarlett Johansson-Morgan Freeman)
* THE EXPENDABLES 3 (Sly Stallone-Harrison Ford)
* JANE GOT A GUN (Natalie Portman-Ewan McGregor)
* TAMMY (Melissa McCarthy-Susan Sarandon)
* SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR (Mickey Rourke-Josh Brolin-Jessica Alba)
Which flicks will bomb? And which will surprise?
If I knew the answers I certainly wouldn’t be here writing about it. I’d be advising the studios in tinsel town and betting on box office outcomes in Las Vegas.