Hot off the presses, the latest radio ratings for the merry month of March.
And again country is king with a nearly 18 percent share of listeners.
Yep, the days of urban station KPRS FM ruling the roost are in the rearview mirror. Because forget the Christmas music factor, once again KFKF FM is large and in charge at the top of the heap.
And while The Rock 98.9 FM may still be able to draw 50,000 beer swilling headbangers to Liberty Memorial, the station’s reign atop the ratings slag heap are yesterday’s news. The station barely made the Top 5.
And speaking of nosedives, highway shootings and zoo riots aside, News Radio KMBZ fell out of the Top 10, despite the fact that it’s heard both on the AM and FM dials.
Oh and remember that station – what was it called – oh yeah, Alice? The Adult Album Alternative signal at 102.1 FM that sold its soul two months back for a nondescript slogan and a run at the adult contemporary market.
Well, looks like it’s starting to pay off as the station climbed more than half a share point (a 28 percent increase) avoiding a spot just shy of the bottom end of the Top 20.
So did Channel 19′s new baby The Bridge 90.9 FM finally make it into the ratings with its spiffy, new tower and a monopoly now on the Triple A format locally?
In a word, no.
Not only that, KTBG didn’t even garner a mention on the also ran list of unrated local stations that range in formats from “Religious Teaching” to “Regional Mexican.”
Not exactly a good sign, but let’s give ’em a bit more time.
And now, on with the March ratings show…
1) KFKF FM, Country, 8.8 share with a cume of 372,800 listeners
2) KPRS FM, Urban, 7.6 share, with a cume of 329,500
3) KCFX FM, Classic Rock, 6.4 share, with a cume of 417,000
4) KCMO FM, Oldies, 5.4 share, with a cume of 413,000
5) Mix 93.3 FM, CHR, 5.0 share, with a cume of 465,000
5) The Rock 98.9 FM, Rock, 5.0 share, with a cume of 287,900
6) WDAF FM, Country, 4.6 share, with a cume of 341,400
7) Magic 107.3 FM, Urban AC 4.4 share, with a cume of 183,300
7) The Point 99.7 FM, Hot AC, 4.4 share, with a cume of 454,100
7) Q104 FM, Country 4.4 share, with a cume of 351,200
8) NewsRadio KMBZ AM/FM, News/Talk, 4.1 share, with a cume of 215,400
9) The Vibe, CHR, 3.9 share, with a cume of 413,700
10) Life 88.5 FM, Contemporary Christian, 3.2 share, with a cume of 127,100
11) 96.5 The Buzz, Modern Rock, 3.0 share, with a cume of 219,500
12) KCUR FM, News/Talk, 2.7 share, with a cume of 148,900
12) KCKC FM (ex Alice), Adult Contemporary, 2.7 share, with a cume of 275,600
12) 610 Sports, Sports Talk, 2.7 share, with a cume of 187,200
13) 105.1 Jack FM, Adult Hits, 2.5 share, with a cume of 272,000
14) KCMO AM, Talk, 1.6 share, with a cume of 90,200
15) KANU FM, Classical, 0.6 share, with a cume of 45,000
16) KCMO HD2, Sports, 0.3 share, with a cume of 36,900
17) KPRT Gospel 1590 AM, Black Gospel, 0.2 share, with a cume of 14,800
As always, these ratings are listeners 12 and older, Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. to midnight – the broadest measure.
And Sports Radio WHB is not listed because – you know – it costs a ton of dough to subscribe to Nielsen and they ain’t…oh, never mind.