The last thing Kansas City needs right now is another high profile fire after JJ’s…
Yet that’s exactly what went down around 8 p.m. last night at Knuckleheads Saloon in the East Bottoms. That was the talk going around this morning anyway, but a quick check of the usual suspects – the Star, Pitch, even Tony – revealed that no reporting on it had been done.
So did they have a fire at Knuckleheads last night?
“We did,” says owner Frank Hicks. “It wasn’t huge, but it was a pretty good-sized fire. The building I own across the street caught on fire – I think it was a space heater – but we don’t know for sure yet. But the firefighters did a good job, they came down quick and put it out.”
The bad news is Hicks year-old, kickass $33,000 outdoor sound system was still stored in the building. He’d planned to take it out and reinstall it this week but it’s not clear how badly damaged it was.
“It’s covered in debris,” Hicks says. “I’m not sure how much smoke or fire damage there was – I’m more worried about water damage from the fire fighters putting out the fire.”