Gonna watch a pay-per-view movie? Nah, you’ve been there, done that.
So let’s spend time instead filling out your expense report! Raising the question, what can you get away with these days? Which expenses will your boss approve, frown at, or simply cross off your swindle sheet?
Maybe this is news you can use in the wake of the University of Missouri staffer who got busted recently for putting more than $7,000 on his corporate card at Vegas strip club the Olympic Garden.
Here are some common expenses that frequently pop up for reimbursement—and the percentages of approval by employers, based on a recent national survey by Business Travel News:
* Hotel room WITH internet access: 79%
* Cost of upgrade to your hotel’s PREMIUM class: 10%
* Cost of FIRST checked bag on your flight: 91%
* Cost of SECOND check bag on your flight: 40%
* Inflight MEALS/SNACKS: 51%
* Inflight INTERNET access: 48%
* Airline SEAT upgrade: 27%
* Airline PREMIUM class: 15%
* Airport LOUNGE membership: 12%
* Inflight ENTERTAINMENT: 9%
* EXPEDITED airport processing: 28%
* PRIORITY boarding: 16%
* Cost of a GPS in your rental car: 60%
* PREMIUM car rental: 10%
What have YOU been able to successfully get reimbursed for on business trips?
Oh yeah, good luck!