How Low Can Hollywood Go?
In this endless awards season it’s not over until the fat chick sings or the worst on film gets their much deserved recognition. We’re talking THE RAZZIES. The annual sendup to the past year’s creme de la crap.
Officially known as THE GOLDEN RASPBERRY AWARDS, these worst achievements in film are normally handed out on Oscar’s Eve. But not this year!
In a departure from an almost three decades long tradition, the winners—make that losers—will be heralded on April Fool’s Day, April 1st. And this year’s pre-Oscar night event was used instead to introduce the world to the nominees for the ultimate schmutz on film – the bottom of the cinematic barrel.
Leading the pack in the 32nd annual Razzie Awards is none other than Adam Sandler whose Happy Madison Productions picked up a record 11 nominations which more than doubled previous record holder Eddie Murphy.
Here then are the tacky nominees in the key catagories:
* JACK & JILL
* BUCKY LARSON: BORN TO BE A STAR
* NEW YEARS EVE
* TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON
* TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 1
* ADAM SANDLER (Jack & Jill and Just Go with It)
* NICK SWARDSON ( Bucky Larson)
* NICOLAS CAGE (Season Of The Witch, Trespass and Drive Angry3-D)
* RUSSELL BRAND (Arthur)
* TAYLOR LAUTNER (Abduction and Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn)
* ADAM SANDLER (as Jill in Jack & Jill)
* MARTIN LAWRENCE (as Momma in Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son)
* SARAH JESSICA PARKER (I Don’t Know How She Does It and New Years Eve)
* SARAH PALIN (as herself in Sarah Palin-The Undefeated)
* KRISTEN STEWART (Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
* PATRICK DEMPSEY (Transformers: Dark Of The Moon)
* KEN JEONG (Big Mommas 3, Hangover 2 and Zookeeper)
* JAMES FRANCO (Your Highness)
* AL PACINO (as Al Pacino in Jack & Jill)
* NICK SWARDSON (Jack & Jill and Just Go With It)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
* KATIE HOLMES (Jack & Jill)
* DAVID SPADE (as Monica in Jack & Jill)
* BRANDON T. JACKSON (as Charmaine in Big Mommas 3)
* NICOLE KIDMAN (Just Go with It)
* THE UNDERWEAR MODEL (a.k.a. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Transformers 3)
WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE:
* The entire cast of JACK & JILL
* The entire cast of BUCKY LARSON
* The entire cast of NEW YEARS EVE
* The entire cast of TRANSFORMERS 3
* The entire cast of TWILIGHT SAGA 3
Now there’s Good News / Bad News…
If you’re among the fortunate who missed JACK & JILL in theatres last year, you get ANOTHER chance to miss it because its DVD release date is next Tuesday, March 6th.
Eligible voting membership for the Razzies includes about 650 people and consists of average moviegoers who pay annual dues to cast their ballots, film ‘professionals’ and entertainment journalists.
MAY THE FARCE BE WITH THEM!