Uno que mas…
Which have you had the most "more than enough" of? My radio ratings breakdowns or Harley‘s comments section rants about me not having a clue?
That said, I’m going to risk it all by offering up one last ratings breakdown I think you’ll find of interest. You won’t find it on any local loser, blogger sites cuz they can’t get ’em.
So here come the Top 5 afternoon drive radio shows for male listeners ages 25 to 54, weekdays.
In other words, most of you dudes reading these words.
Two advisories: You’ll learn exactly who’s winning the afternoon drive sports talk "war" – 610’s Nick Wright (hold the applause 50-somethings) or WHB’s Kevin Kietzman (hold the boos 50, 60 and 70-somethings).
And you’ll learn that at long last that NewsRadio KMBZ is gaining traction after going to a simulcast on KUDL FM’s signal earlier this year. You’ll also learn that KCFX’s Skid Roadie is again – by far and away – king of p.m. drive.
More importantly, those of you not worried about Social Security and Medicare, will be horrified to hear that The Buzz’s Church of Lazlo was firebombed – not by Al Queda – but by local listeners. Ugly, but true.
Now on to the show…
1) KCFX FM’s Skid Roadie with a 12.1 share. I recall talking to a guy who used to cut Skid’s grass for a joint and a sixpack. I also recall going on Skid’s show with the band Pianosaurus, playing all-toy instruments. Very cool.
2) WHB’s Kevin Kietzman with a 10.0 share. I used to view KK as a totally nerdy, whimpy WDAF TV weekend anchor type. Shows how smart I am. I’m a little smarter now. Not muc, but a little.
3) The Rock’s Nivens. with a 9.4 share. Here’s a guy who’s kicking some bigtime butt but hasn’t gotten much press. That needs to be remedied.
4) 610 Sports Nick Wright with a 6.1 share. There’s a school of thought among bluehairs who don’t get Wright that I’m secretly his godfather. I’m not. Truth is, Nick probably couldn’t pick me out of a police lineup. Or me him, except for his beak. Some of you geezers think he’s the worst thing since sliced bread, but Nick didn’t get his ratings by accident. I just don’t happen to hate him for still being young like some of you do. Go figure.
5) NewsRadio KMBZ with a 4.6 share, up a full point from a 3.6 share. I know, I know. I’ve bagged on Shanin & Parks, but they damn near have a news, opinion talk monopoly.. Now they’re starting to get the ratings.
BONUS ROUND: The Buzz – even though it fell nearly two full share points – looks halfway healthy at No. 6 with a 4.5 share, still down sharply from a 6.2 share.
Look, it’s probably an anomaly – for the good of mankind, – but it’s worrisome. And not just for the station.