You guys did a kickass job of indulging me on my explanation of why the seven day, 6-plus radio ratings are bogus…
Actually, you barely laid a glove on me. Not even Kansas Karl. Obviously, you had other radio things on your minds, which is fine. Not that I couldn’t use the abuse. Anyway, here are the Top 20 radio stations in KC for August in adults 25 to 54, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Read ’em and bleep!
1) Who else? KCFX FM, The Fox, with an 8.7 share, up from 8.6 in July and the station’s best month in a year.
2) The Rock with an 8.1 share, down slightly from 8.5 in July.
3) K-Love with a 6.4 share up strongly from a 5.3. No two ways about it, these Christians are lions!
4) Mix 93.3 FM with a 5.6 share, up from a 4.5 share.
5) KCMO FM with a 5.2 share, up from 4.8.
6) KPRS FM with a 5.0 share up from 4.8
7) WHB with a 4.5 share up sharply from a 3.5 share.
8) Alice with a 4.0 down from a 4.4 in July.
9) The Buzz, freefalling to a 3.9 from a 6.1 share.
10) Q104 FM with a 3.8 share, down sharply from a 6.0 share a month earlier.
11) Jack FM (4.6 in July), KFKF (4.1) & NewsRadio KMBZ (3.1) all tied at a 3.7 share.
12) KCUR FM with a 3.6 share up from 2.9. Public radio hanging strong with the suits.
13) The Vibe at a 3.1 share, down from 3.3.
14) 610 Sports with a 3.0 share, up from a 2.5.
14) The Point at a 2.8 share down from 2.9 (the lowest month since its spring launch).
15) WDAF FM with a 2.8 share, same as in July.
16) Magic at a 2.6 share up from 2.1
17) KCMO AM with a 2.0 share versus 1.8 in July.
August was rough riding for Q104 – the country station built on the once mighty shoulders of Randy Miller – falling from 4th to 10th place.
And again, how about those Christians? We must be in Kansas or something.