Buckle up radio ratings junkies, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride…
The July digits are in, so let’s take a quick look and we can make some closer examinations later. To that end, here are the Top 20 KC Radio Stations for July in adults 25 to 54, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to midnight.
I know, I know, they don’t include the high dollar infomercials, Royals games and weekend filler. But this is where 90 percent of station’s revenues come from and where they suit up their best and their brightest, the personalities you love and/or love to hate.
So here we go….
- KCFX The Fox with a 9.1 share
- The Rock, 98.9 FM with a 7.5 share
- The Buzz with a 6.2 share
- Q104 FM, KPRS FM and K-LOVE (Christian) with 5.5 shares (tie)
- KCMO FM with a 5.3 share
- Mix 93.3 FM with a 4.7 share
- Jack FM with a 4.5 share
- Alice FM with a 4.1 share
- The Vibe with a 3.9 share
- The Point with a 3.7 share
- KFKF FM with a 3.3 share
- Funny 102.5 FM with a 3.1 share
- WDAF FM with a 3.0 share
- 610 Sports with a 2.9 share
- KMJK Magic FM with a 2.6 share
- WHB with a 2.6 share
- KMBZ AM & FM with a 2.5 share
- KCUR FM with a 2.4 share
Worth noting: KCFX, The Fox took over the No. 1 slot from The Rock for the first time this year. And 610 Sports continues to hold a narrow lead over WHB (although count on WHB to be leaking the exact number of Royals night and weekend games skewed those ratings).
Oh and KMBZ isn’t exactly tearing things up now that it’s on two broadcast bands.