Is the awards’ season getting a bit long in the tooth or is it me?
Sure seems like it, as the AARP has now joined in with its 10th annual MOVIES FOR GROWNUP AWARDS.
The group claims to have watched more than 100 films and after countless hours (and however many consultations with their adult children) has announced the following winners:
* BEST MOVIE FOR GROWNUPS: The King’s Speech
* BEST ACTOR: Colin Firth (The King’s Speech)
* BEST ACTRESS: Lesley Manville (Another Year)
* BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: John Malkovich (Secretariat)
* BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Phylicia Rashad
(For Colored Girls)
* BEST DIRECTOR: Danny Boyle (127 Hours)
* BEST GROWNUP LOVE STORY: The Kids Are All Right
* BEST COMEDY: City Island
* BREAKTHROUGH ACHIEVEMENT: Helen Mirren (Red)
* BEST BUDDY PICTURE: Unstoppable
* BEST MOVIE FOR GROWNUPS WHO REFUSE TO GROW
UP: The Karate Kid
The list goes on. But I won’t.
The big question of course, is whether prunes and high fiber content dishes were the event’s hors devours?
(Go ahead and make up your own jokes. Just keep Depends out of it.)