I think we learned a lot this week, or at least we were reminded that the only thing that matters in Kansas City is the safety of white women — Which isn’t a bad thing, just the way of the world in this cowtown. In much the same way that there’s no politico who will ever REALLY do anything about this town’s old and busted infrastructure and all of the potholes on local streets.
Still, there some other topics that dominated the headlines that are worth reviewing or at least lamenting until the next racially divisive struggle is upon us.
The other stories this week:
1. Hey, there’s still a lot of murder and mayhem in this town other than the hype devoted to a sensational case: “Human Remains Found in Barrel in Kansas City, Kansas“
2. The Royals Keep Losing – It’s not exactly news and there are countless stories I could link on the subject. However, the fact that the season is pretty much over at the beginning of May speaks to the overall fortunes of Kansas City’s faux Major Leave Baseball team.
3. An Egyptian Exhibit Comes To The Nelson – I know, I know, it’s not huge news but just another reminder that the only bit of class coming to this small Midwestern burg comes from somewhere else.
4. The Kansas City Area And Most Of The Midwest Is Full Of Freaks – This headline is one of many examples: “Mo. mom gets 15 years for selling daughter for sex” Whoever gave this part of the nation the false reputation for “family values” really wasn’t paying attention. Kansas City and all of the Midwest can be just as freaky and gross as any other place in the country.
5. Star Layoffs – Still hilarious. Almost as funny as the idea that the public will miss out on news that’s widely available on TV, Radio and online from other media institutions that have yet to be rendered obsolete thanks to their own hubris.