OTC: Brees Is Super In French Quarter

super bowl xliv

This entry was posted in Sports and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to OTC: Brees Is Super In French Quarter

1. Anonymous says:

Chris Berman is absolutely hideous. His schtick is as old as the Who. His most annoying? doing the home run derby and saying “beck,beck,beck,beck” 4,000 times.
    Why anyone watches ESPN anymore is beyond me…

2. Anonymous says:

I have to disagree about The Who. The vocals are weaker now, but the music was spot on. If I could look and perform like that at 60, I’d be happy. I get tired of everyone ragging on the old guys. Music today is absolute shit. Who would you have rather seen….Justin Bieber?

3. Anonymous says:

Gramps singing “Teenage Wasteland?” It was embarrassing.

On behalf of Baby Boomers everywhere I hereby apologize to the Universe.

4. Anonymous says:

If you’re going to insult Stephen King’s preposterous made for TV scripts, at least spell his name right.

GH: Thanks for the fix.

5. Anonymous says:

Teicher probably also still thinks the internet is no threat to the newspaper business.

6. Anonymous says:

Manning is great despite his post-season record and Joe Montana is great because of it, but if I were to have to pick a QB with my life on the line it would be Otto Graham. But, of course, that makes me old old school (which I reckon is correct, since I rarely pay much attention to SB commercials).

7. Anonymous says:

great game

8. Anonymous says:

How bout that catch for the 2-pt conversion! That was as athletic a play as you will ever see.
    Super Bowl has really become a great holiday of sorts. Another gross celebration of American consumption. Over the last 3 or 4 years the Football has lived up to the hype. We may never see 2 QB’s play the position any better than last night.

Colleg Hoops: KU is the most dysfunctional…legitimate #1 team I’ve ever seen…they really are a mess of a team. Should be a good run in Austin tonight.

9. Anonymous says:

Okay, so maybe Daltry’s voice is a little ragged out and ol’ Pete isn’t as fast on the axe. However, if “Baba O’Reilly” ain’t performed the way it use to be, keep in mind that the performers are also the creators. I’d rather to brilliant music staged by downhill-side musicians than the contemporary processed-and-packaged, R&A-controlled banality of the young and “hip.” Truly, is there anything in popular music any more inspired than “Who’s Next,” “Quadrophenia” or even “Tommy”? I’m not knocking everything modern — there are plenty of brilliant young songwriters and performers out there, mostly indie variety (and seldom heard on radio, a medium which has so concentrated itself in ownership groups and consulting agreements that it also bears little resemblance to its former self). They owe much to the likes of The Who, and other great artists — from the stars to the obscure — who debuted in the 1960s and ’70s.

10. Anonymous says:

Uncle Dick
    Maybe the Who can come back to KC and play for Shawnee Mission South’s 50th High School Reunion. Pete smashing his walker and asking to see pictures of your great-grandkids. Maybe the Buckinghams will open for them this time.

11. Anonymous says:

It wasn’t The Who.

It was The Why?

12. Anonymous says:

“GH: All I could think of was how great it would be if that was a live shot of the Power & Light District and the people running around behind the network cameras making fools of themselves were our neighbors and friends. Maybe someday.”

Keep dreaming.

13. Anonymous says:

Uncle Dick: Ah, The Buckinghams (“Kind of a Drag”). They performed at my high school dance in 1968. The next year, we got Sugarloaf (“Green-eyed Lady”). At the time, it was a kick seeing bands with radio hits perform in one’s school.

Wonder if The Who is booked for Homecoming 2010?

14. Anonymous says:

Kurt Warner, Fran Tarkenton, and Jim Kelly should all be in discussions of top five great quarterbacks.

15. Anonymous says:

For me the BIG THING about Drew is that he proved Marty right and San Diego management wrong.

Comments are closed.